I bet you are wondering if you read this right…
Coconut Fat Balls With Hidden Veggies
… Yep, you read it correctly! This is a slightly modified coconut fat ball or bomb. I’ve hidden over 7 servings of veggies in them with a wholefood multivitamin powder (it tastes good!) and some protein, making them a healthy energy snack.
Ingredients (affiliate links)
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted Cashews
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips – No Sugar 🙂 Great taste!
- 1 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon the real cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk I like Native Forest Simple Unsweetened – No Guar
- 1 tablespoon Nourish Wholefood Multivitamin (Hidden veggies 🙂 )
- 1 tablespoon Great Lakes Collagen powder for protein
- If you must have sweetener – use real maple syrup to taste, 1-2 tablespoons
Blend all ingredients in your food processor until a wet dough forms. Roll into balls, not too big so you can pop them right in your mouth. Place the balls in single layer on tray, freeze until set, about 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes or so and eat one!
I keep mine in a covered container in the fridge because during the summer the coconut oil will melt a bit too much. You can eat them right from the fridge, if they last long enough to get into the fridge 🙂
I don’t add any sweetener to my coconut fat balls but if you have a sweet tooth feel free to add stevia, maple syrup or more of the Lily’s Dark Chocolate chips (they are sugar-free, sweetened with stevia.)
For each teaspoon of Nourish you will get about 7 servings of veggies. I really love the taste of Nourish, not chalky, doesn’t taste like vitamins, and it’s made for a child’s taste buds with banana powder! It is 100% real food for the little kids and bigger ones like us.
Play around with this recipe and find the perfect fit for you. Keep it as simple as you want and enjoy!
Get Nourish from Heart & Body Naturals